Creative Technology Ireland is a Dublin based media services business established in 1967, we became part a part of the NEP Group in 2019 and now operate as part of a global media services business.
Our rich AV design and integration heritage has allowed us to expand with technology into the business we are today delivering Live event production, Broadcast, Audio Visual design and integration, Content creation and Facilities support services.
CT-Ireland employs 95 people at our new offices in North East county Dublin.
To be a member of the Design team, generating AV designs and workflows with the current designers, engineers and sales teams. Output will be in formats of 2D CAD schematics, pictorial drawings, cable schedules, bill of materials and 3D models of AV spaces. Manage the scheduling of the work by setting and meeting handover deadlines. Maintain and improve standards in design drawings and formats.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To be experienced in audio-visual installation and operations to add value to design.
- To help design and draw system layouts/configurations for tenders and projects, including mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Help develop junior members of the design team, quality checking output and scheduling of work.
- To provide design advice to the Sales Representatives when scoping a project.
- To help source hardware solutions to meet project designs.
- To provide cabling schedules, cable labelling, IP network tables.
- To work with Project Management Office, Install Engineers, Commissioning Engineers, Pre, and Post Sales Tech when clarifications or design updates are required.
- To support the Technical Director in all design aspects and to help cover during times of leave.
- Attend site visits when required to gather more information for the design or help Sales Representatives explain technical aspects of the designs.
- 3+ years in AV/Broadcast system environments or similar
- AutoCAD, Sketchup, Blender, SolidWorks or similar
- AV system design
- AV system installations
- IT Networking
- IT Infrastructure
- AV control system design and configuration
- AV rack building experience
- 3D modelling
- Rack layout design and cable scheduling
- Good understanding of AV hardware
- Basic programming/configuration of control systems
Education or Experience
- Electronic Engineering or similar
- Design qualification or similar
- Mechanical Engineering or similar
- AVIXA (CTS-D, CTS-I)
- Other relevant Design, Engineering and AV qualifications
This position will have access to sensitive information and, as such, must be managed with great integrity. Professional, unbiased and credible behaviors in this role are essential at all times.
Communication – the ability to speak and write to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and style.
Teamwork– a sense of team can make a significant difference in whether you meet or fail your objectives. Team meetings are required to share information, tips, leads and successes are essential. Just as important is maintaining the bond across the team.
Initiative– the willingness to move things forward by acting without needing to be asked and without due escalation.
Resilience – the ability to cope with difficulty, negotiate obstacles, to optimise performance in the face of adversity. Take rejection as a personal challenge to succeed with the next client and turn a loss into a development opportunity.
Organising Work – Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish goals. Be conscientious and take great pride in your work.
Inquisitive– the ability to ask appropriate questions and understand the implications.
Analysis – the ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
Interpersonal Sensitivity – the ability to recognise clearly and accurately others’ points of view, feelings and needs, with the willingness to take these into account.
Integrity – the willingness to adhere to social, ethical, professional, and organisational standards. Be respectful and listen to others.
Achievement Orientation – the determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms, and expectations.
Judgement – the ability to be rational, objective, and unbiased when making decisions or taking action.
Visionary– the ability to demonstrate personal commitment to Company goals in an energetic way to motivate others and create an environment where the core values are realised.
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee.
The job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the Company.
All applications are strictly confidential.